Wednesday, May 13, 2009

If Tomorrow Comes

I don't know if I would describe myself as a risk taker. I'm as outgoing as they come but every decision I make is the result of much contemplation and weighing of options, a calculated risk one might say. However, there comes a day when you're not given an opportunity to sit back and think on a situation and you have to dive head first into the pool without checking the depth first. You can't prepare for these instances, it's simply just not possible, but know that they are coming and even when they do, you might not even notice it. You sometimes have to step out of your comfort zone to solve a problem, accomplish a task or just to enjoy yourself so embrace these opportunities, you might just learn something about yourself that you never would have known otherwise. A little personality vacation never hurt anyone (I had a very different stance on this statement until I took one myself) so bust out and do, buy or say something that you wouldn't otherwise.

"Don't choose security for fear of taking a risk. A boat in the harbor is safe but after time its bottom will rot out"

I honestly can't say it any better than that. Food for thought. Eat up before it gets cold.

No comments: