Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bury the dead and take care of the living

Regardless of how many times I replay history in my mind, it remains just that...history. No matter how many ways I can come up with on how I could have played things differently, the past will always be the past and for the first time in my life, I'm comfortable with that fact. What's done is done and even if I wanted to go back and change things, I can't. That's right, even though I go hard on myself when I make my stupid mistakes, I still have no regrets. Fate, destiny, divine intervention...these things do not exist, life is what you make it. I made my bed, I had to lie in it eventually but I'm up now, I wiped the sleep out of my eyes and it's a new day. There are new challenges, new obstacles and new hardships that aren't going to take a break and wait for me so I'm back on my horse.

No comments: