Saturday, June 16, 2007

Manifest Destiny Pt. 3 - It is every man, woman and child's God given right to pursue and achieve happiness. That being the case, I think it's about time I go out and get happy, I've been fairly miserable for as long as I can remember. October 18th, 1995...I will always remember this date as the first day of my life as I know it. I woke up that Wednesday morning and I was angry, really angry, and it wasn't because of anything that happened on the 17th or because of anything that was going to happen that day, I was just angry and I didn't know why. I have woken up this way every single day for the past 11 and a half years, sometimes I am angry just for a moment and I can be in a good mood by the time I roll out of the bed and walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth, sometimes I'm just pissed off all day, the only constant is that this has never really bothered me at all. Other than a few brief stints in therapy, I've just accepted this behavior as part of my life, as natural as taking a breath. However, I've been looking at so many external elements in my life to change, with undesired results, maybe it's about time I should start doing some "me work". I've tried being more accepting of the things that bother me but I know now that this course of action is not healthy for anyone. What I need to do is stop holding onto everything and learn to let go...sometimes. It is so much easier said than done but I'm banking on it at least being worth the attempt because there aren't too many options when it comes to things that piss you off, you either take it to cell or let the shit slide and to be honest, the grass is pretty brown on both sides of the fence. Going forward, I'll just have to pick my spots I guess. A majority of people would say that trying new things would be a good idea for someone trying to make a change in their life but I'm the opposite, I'm looking to try less new things. I'm most comfortable being stuck in my ways and sticking to what I know and I don't see anything wrong with that. If you feel that I am boring, that's fine...I wasn't put here to entertain you. Every single moment from this point on is about me bettering myself and that's for my benefit and mine alone. Kinda selfish, isn't it? But that's my God given right, right?

No comments: