Monday, June 25, 2007

A few things you may not have known about me. Nothing excites me. I believe that the written word is man's greatest accomplishment. I am constantly struggling with my emotions. I don't smile very often. I won't shut up if you get me going. I prefer to be alone, simply because I am so used to it. I'm still learning to cook. I hate talking on the phone. Photography is my secret hobby and I always have a camera with me. I'm alone, not lonely. I'm still learning to ask for help. I never hold my tongue. I don't regret anything I've ever done. There are only two people in this world that I can count on in a pinch. I'm a computer geek. I'd rather stay home and read than go to a club. I have one sibling who is the only person in my family that I wholeheartedly trust. I have nightmares. I can honestly say that therapy is not for everyone. I feel a lot older than my DOB suggest I am. I don't look the age my DOB suggests either. I'm one of the few people lucky enough to drive their favorite car. I'm not used to people genuinely caring about me and it still makes me feel uncomfortable. This is the first time I've spoken this openly about myself. I'd kill myself before I relive the first 18 years of my life again. Same goes for going back to live in that house again. I can't remember the last time I had a good night's sleep. I look in the mirror these days and the person looking back at me doesn't look familiar. I still don't like to travel. I'd drive to the end of the earth though. Failure is not an option for me, I'm in it to win it. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to write.

2 comments:

African Muse said...

Hello Blaxx, the word is mighty, yes. Mightier than the sword, it's often said, but I think you've really captured the essence of that sentiment. Congratulations for finally writing "it" all down. Nice to meet you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.