Saturday, December 23, 2006

A little story about something that happened to me the other day. I made a stop to pick up dinner on my way home from work (No, I don't cook. I ain't domestic maaaayne) and a couple girls, prolly 16 or 17, outside the takeout entrance of the restaurant asked me "Does the suit and tie mean that you're someone important?" and I simply replied "No, the suit and tie mean that I have a job. The color of my skin, the depth of my character and the substance of what comes out of my mouth make me important." No moral to this story but I like telling it. Okay, Okay. I think it's inspiration to any black person to get the fuck up and do something. Nothing in this world moves without us so we might as well hijack the ship and take it wherever the fuck we wanna go. Think I've lost it, think about this. Nobody in this world makes money unless black people keep buying shit we don't need and does the grunt work for the government. Look at the shit that's directly marketed towards us. Sit down and watch Black Embarassment Television for a whole day, not for the booty shakin but pay attention to the commercials. When was the last time you seen 453089435 commercials for the Army on CBS? They not looking to recruit young black people into the Army because we are such efficent soldiers, on the contrary, according to them we are such expendable soldiers. Just something to think about. I'ma keep reheatin this food for thought as often as I can, yall be lookin malnourished

No comments: