Sunday, March 29, 2009

Retrospect For Life (written December 31, 2008)

Right before I began putting pen to pad and started scribing the final piece I'll write in 2008, I broke one of my unwritten rules. I flipped back through the pages of my notebook and read what I wrote 366 days ago. It is a huge departure for me but I think before I can reflect on what 2008 was to me, I need to remind myself of what I expected it to be and more importantly, what I was hoping it would be. All that stability I was yearning for didn't last. That beautiful woman that was the foundation of that stable new year was gone before the spring came and my house of cards came tumbling down shortly after. Like I suspected, I was working with an entirely new team (in an entirely different province) by May and by the end of Summer, actively looking for new employment. In the end, I've come to appreciate the turbulence that is my life because everything that has happened in the past 366 days happened for a reason and I'm in a better position right now than I ever was at any point in the past. Hardship is simply life's way of seeing what you are made of. I've stated this many times over and proved just as many times over that I am a man, not a mouse

No comments: