Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Love hurts. It's not just a cliché, it is a fact of life. Anyone reading this who has been in love before can more than attest to this statement. In the past few weeks, I've both witnessed and experienced some of the worst pain one can endure as a result of love. I understand that love makes us do stupid, crazy, misguided, petty and otherwise ridiculous things but at some point you have to ask yourself "Is it worth it?...Is it worth going through all of this for matters of the heart?" I don't think I can take much more of it to be honest with you. I'm worn out and beat down into the ground, I don't even want to pick myself up anymore sometimes. I'm being pulled every which way and as long as I don't break, everyone keeps tugging. I've been too much to too many people for far too long, I can't go on being everyone's everything anymore. I don't even know if I can't still be anyone's anything at this point. My heart is fractured, my mind in shambles. Ask me if it was worth it.

No comments: