Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I have always been an advocate of having to try a ting every now and again so I engaged myself in a little experiment. I would ignore all the little things that bother me and see if it improved my life and my relationships with other people. At this point, I will call this a failed experiment because it hasn't worked. Letting things slide is pretty much the same thing as encouraging such behavior and it doesn't make it any easier to handle. So what have I learned from this experiment despite its failure? First and foremost, you cut people out of your life for a reason. No one deserves a second chance under any circumstance and yes, that includes myself. I've afforded myself more 2nd (and 3rd and 4th and sometimes 5th chances) chances just on being me, not because I changed, not even because I had shown that I am capable of change. I don't even know the true reason why to tell the truth. I'm no fucking good but people don't heed to warnings. I liken it to when my grandmother told me not to touch the stove but I went ahead and touched it anyway. Only difference is that I embraced the pain and got used to it. Yall just resent me for it

No comments: